Dr. Guy has been practicing the art and science of chiropractic since 1982. He is most proud of being a father of six and grandfather of eight. He is active in his community and has helped in many charitable fundraising events through the years. Dr. Guy took over Sylva chiropractic from his friend Stuart Kaplan in 1994 and is proud of the tradition that Sylva Chiropractic has in Jackson County as the county’s first permanent chiropractic office. As a two sport collegiate athlete Dr. Guy has a special interest in sports injury as well as spinal trauma. He likes hiking, anything historical, and good quality jokes with his friends. His curriculum vitae is located below.
- Undergraduate Studies at Lenoir-Rhyne College – Hickory, NC
- University of Nevada – Reno, NV
- Bachelor of Science in Human Biology
- Los Angelos Chiropractic College
- Cleveland College of Chiropractic
- North Carolina # 1968
- Nevada # B-261
- Hawaii #601
- Graduate of Spine Research Institute of San Diego
- Charter Member of the American Public Health Association (APHA)
- Member: North Carolina Chiropractic Association
- Member American Chiropractic Association
- Member World Federation of Chiropractic – associate committee member
- Past Member: Nevada Chiropractic Association – Board Member 1998 – 2006
- Candidate for the Governing Council of Chiropractic in APHA
- Participant in the 1992 USA Olympic Trials
- Member of the Board: Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) – Reno ’90 – ’93
- Vice President of the Reno Optimist Club ’89 – ’90
- Grand Knight of the Knights of Columbus Council 9822 – ’95 – ’96, ’98 – ’99, ’03 – ’06
- Banner Booster SMOKY Mountain H.S. since 1995
- Nationally published author
- Jennifer is excited to take the position of office manager. She is joining us from the hospital where she also did medical office administration. Jennifer is a graduate of UNC Greensboro with a bachelors in business administration.
- Jennifer lives in Sylva with her two children Tailynn (15 years old) and Maximus (10 years old), along with her husband Jonathan. They love any outdoor activities with each other and to spend time with their dogs.